Find Training for Businesses
Be more competitive. Find training that increases productivity and reduces turnover.
Use these resources to find training that meets your business needs.
Find Training From Business and Industry Experts
Customized training from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities helps businesses prepare and maintain a qualified work force, increase employee productivity, and support new business growth.
Business and Industry Services Specialists
Business and industry services specialists from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development provide practical business solutions for finding and hiring new employees, retaining employees, accessing training resources, and general human resource information.
Centers of Excellence
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities offers Centers of Excellence in health care, manufacturing, engineering, and information security. Each Center offers state-of-the-art programs, practical research, and connections with business, industry, and K-12 schools to support talent development.
Minnesota Small Business Development Centers
Minnesota Small Business Development Center provides professional and confidential training to individuals interested in expanding or starting a business. Training programs are provided at no cost or a nominal fee.
State grants for training
The Minnesota Jobs Skills Partnership (MJSP) program helps Minnesota businesses and schools competitively train the workforce. Grants are awarded to educational institutions that partner with businesses to develop training for new and existing employees. Interested businesses should contact their local accredited Minnesota educational institution to learn if the MJSP program fits their needs.
Minnesota's Adult Basic Education can offer customized training to businesses whose employees may have language barriers or basic skills needs.
Learn about how Minnesota's apprenticeship program helps you design an apprenticeship program focused on specific skills, training, and job-related instruction tailored to your company's needs.
Find Short-Term Courses and Programs in Minnesota
Short-term training usually includes programs and courses that last for one year or less. There are several options.
- Short-term training allows you to search for training by licensed Minnesota institutions.
- Certifications are examinations that test or enhance knowledge, experience, or skills in a profession or occupation.
- Occupational licenses are usually issued by a government entity to authorize individuals the right to practice an occupation.
- A course means a set of designed learning experiences with defined outcomes from an accredited training institution. Search courses by your preferences, such as non-credit, online, or by region.
- Academic programs are a cohesive set of college level credit courses and experiences that lead to a degree, diploma, or certificate. Search programs by your preferences, such by region, subject, or degree.
Find Long-Term Training Options in Minnesota
ISEEK's Education Search Tools allows you to find all types of training options available in Minnesota. You can search by college, field of study (major), program, or course.