They oversee the work of their sales staff.
$49.72 per hour on average
The outlook is Good
|Education & Training
Bachelor's or higher degree plus work experience is common.
|Related Programs (Current training programs available)
|On the Job
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Evaluate the work of salespeople and suggest ways to improve sales.
- Monitor customer preferences.
- Train salespeople and assign them sales territories.
- Visit people who are interested in setting up franchises of their businesses.
- Set prices and discount rates.
- Talk to customers about their product needs.
- Oversee other sales managers and their staffs.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities of salespeople and clerical staff.
- Review records and reports to determine profits. Prepare budgets.
- Oversee branch stores in other countries.
- Confer with marketing managers about advertising campaigns.
- Advise franchise owners about the rules they must follow.
- Prepare company budgets.
- Represent company at meetings to promote products.
- Analyze marketing potential of new store locations.
- Direct product research and development.
- Make sure products meet the standards of the countries that will buy them.
- Inspect stores for compliance with safety and security codes.
- Advertising Salespeople
- Customer Service Representatives
- New Accounts Clerks
Powered by MinnesotaWorks
Want to explore more careers?