Stock clerks receive, unpack, check, store, and track merchandise or materials.
Stock clerks keep records of all items entering or leaving the stock room. They inspect goods to be sure they are not damaged or spoiled.
$11.05 per hour on average
The outlook is Poor
|Education & Training
Short-term on-the-job training (1 month or less) is common.
|Related Programs (Current training programs available)
|On the Job
- Keep records of items entering or leaving stock rooms.
- Inspect damaged or spoiled goods.
- Sort, organize, and mark items with identifying codes, such as prices or inventory control codes.
- May pack and ship outgoing merchandise, and unpack and verify incoming merchandise.
- Use hand-held scanners connected to computers to keep inventories up to date.
- Bring merchandise to the sales floor and stock shelves and racks.
- May interact with customers to find merchandise, ring up sales, or answer questions.
- Store materials in bins, on floors, or on shelves. Lift cartons of various sizes.
- Keep items organized.
- Complete order receipts.
- Copy Machine Operators
- Counter Attendants
Powered by MinnesotaWorks
Want to explore more careers?