What is MyMnCareers?
This website helps low-literacy job seekers and English language learners find career planning and work preparation information. Find out more on the MyMnCareers handout (1.09MB, .pdf).
MyMnCareers was produced by Southwest Minnesota Adult Basic Education and the former iSeek Solutions organization with funding from the Otto Bremer Foundation. MyMnCareers is currently sponsored by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Unique Features of This Site
- MyMnCareers has three distinct levels of content: beginner ("I am an English Language Learner"), intermediate ("I am Finishing High School or My GED"), and advanced ("I am Done with High School/GED and Want to Advance My Career"). The intermediate and advanced sections have expanded content and more results in the find careers search tool. Students or customers can re-visit MyMnCareers and use another level as they progress in their careers or education. More about the audience for this site is on MyMnCareers Audience.
- This site is easier to read than other career information websites. All content is written at or below the 6th grade level. The "English Language Learner" section is written at a 3rd grade level.
- The navigation of the website is purposely simplistic.
- Goal setting and making a career plan are emphasized along with career information and education options.
- Occupation information is displayed by education level in the Find Careers Tool.
- Information about career clusters and pathways (or "paths") helps students and customers to see the correlations among related occupations and the need for advanced training.
- Success stories with audio clips help students and customers understand how the concepts introduced in this website's content can affect their decision-making.
- Throughout the site students and customers are encouraged to create and add to their career plan.
Find out more about the MyMnCareers website and ISEEK, Minnesota's career, education, and job resource:
- MyMnCareers Audience
Learn more about who the MyMnCareers website was built to serve.
- Working Learner Web Tools
MyMnCareers is one of Minnesota's Working Learner Web tools.
- Accessibility Policy
Read about our commitment to web content standards compliant with World Wide Web Consortium guidelines.
Learn about this website's commitment to protecting users' privacy rights and to promoting good citizenship in the Internet community.
- Link to Us
Add MyMnCareers to your web page.
- Best Viewed With
All efforts have been made to make the MyMnCareers website viewable in all browsers. If you experience problems, consider upgrading your browser for free with the links on this page.
Read the terms for using the ISEEK website and its partner sites.
MyMnCareers was written and produced by staff from ISEEK, Saint Paul Public Schools' Ronald M. Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning, and the Southwest Adult Basic Education.