Evaluate Your Benefits
Have you just been offered a job? Ask for a list of the included benefits.
To evaluate a benefits package, begin with these questions.
- What benefit programs does the employer offer?
- Are the programs offered important to you?
- What do you need to do to be eligible?
- Which benefit costs does the employer pay for?
- Which benefit costs are you responsible for paying?
- Does the company offer family coverage? Are there other family-friendly provisions?
- Is there flexibility in working hours and in the use of paid time off?
Remember: you are not in a position to negotiate money or benefits until after you receive a job offer.