1. Skip to content

Engineer-In-Training License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.


After graduating from an approved educational program, Engineers must get an in-training license to work in the field. This requires an examination.


-Graduation from an engineering curriculum accredited by the Engineering Accrediting Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology(ABET)

-Successful completion of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.

See also Minn. Rules 1800.2500-.2900 for specific information regarding engineer requirements.


(Please note: All fee information subject to change without notice.)

Board Application Fee - $25
Certification Fee - No Cost
Exam Cost - $145
*Contact Engineering and Land Surveying Examination Services (ELSES) at (877)536-7729 toll-free or www.els-examreg.org for current exam cost.

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Board of AELSLAGID
Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID), Minnesota Board of
85 7th Place East, Suite 160
St. Paul, MN 55101
View map

Phone: (651) 296-2388
Fax: (651) 297-5310

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.