IT Trade Journals
Use online publications to keep on top of industry trends.
Online publications like trade journals and e-zines (electronic magazines) are a great way to stay informed on IT employers and what is happening in the industry. The list below will get you started.
- Cipher is the electronic newsletter of the IEEE Computer Society's Technical Committee on security and privacy.
- ebizQ is a portal for blogs, webinars, podcasts, news, features, white papers, and virtual conferences for business and IT professionals, vendors, and industry analysts. The site focuses on enterprise infrastructure, including SOA, BPM, integration, business intelligence, SaaS, and security.
- Mainframe Executive is an independent magazine that focuses on the role of the mainframe in an overall IT infrastructure. It features case studies of unique implementations as well as topics like security, virtualization, modernization, and migration.
- Network World provides information for network and IT executives. The site focuses on news, opinion, and analytical tools for key decision makers who architect, deploy, and manage business solutions.
- SC Magazine provides IT security professionals with news and product reviews.
- SecurityFocus provides original news content and detailed technical papers to IT security professionals.
- SecurityNewsPortal is a non-profit educational resource dedicated to providing news on security, viruses, trojans, hackers, hackings, and other things of interest to security professionals.