Field of Study: Electrical and Electronics Equip Installation and Repair
Things to know
One way to become a repair technician is to be trained by a manufacturer, dealer, or leasing company. This type of training usually combines classroom learning, hands-on learning at the company, and on-the-job learning from an experienced technician.
The military may also provide training. The armed forces use electric and electronic equipment for communications, navigating, and controlling weapons.
You can become certified by the International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET) or the Electronics Technicians Association (ETA). After passing an exam, you can be certified as an entry-level technician. As your skills progress, you can be certified at higher levels.
Similar fields of study
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Business Machine Technologies
- Computer Installation and Repair
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Power Transmission
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology
- Industrial Mechanics
- Small Engine Repair
- Solar Energy Technology
- Telecommunications Technology