Field of Study: Electrical & Electronics Equip Installation and Repair
Things to know
As electronic technology continues to advance, you will need to keep your skills up to date. Expect to take classes throughout your career. Often manufacturers of electronic equipment teach these courses. The good news is that usually you can expect your employer to pay for this training.
It may help your job prospects if you are certified as a technician. The International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians (ISCET) is one major certifying organization. The Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) is another. After passing an exam, you can be certified as an entry-level technician. As your skills progress, you can be certified at higher levels.
Similar fields of study
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Business Machine Technologies
- Computer Installation and Repair
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electrical and Power Transmission
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology
- Industrial Mechanics
- Small Engine Repair
- Solar Energy Technology
- Telecommunications Technology