Associations for Career Counselors
Locate associations that serve and represent the career counseling profession.
Minnesota Professional Organizations
- Minnesota Association for Career and Technical Education (MnACTE)
Represents professionals who teach, administer, coordinate, and offer support services to students in secondary and postsecondary career and technical education.
- Minnesota Career Development Association (MCDA)
Offers professional development, career information and education, and networking opportunities to career development professionals as well as the public.
- Minnesota College Personnel Association (MCPA)
Provides professional development, growth, networking, advancement, and recognition for Minnesota's student development and student services professionals.
- Minnesota Rehabilitation Association (MRA)
Provides information about the issues, practices, and ethics affecting vocational rehabilitation in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Rehabilitation Counselors Association (MRCA)
Provides rehabilitation professionals with cost-effective training, networking, and a newsletter. Promotes the development and enhancement of the rehabilitation counseling professional.
- Minnesota School Counselors Association (MSCA)
Promotes excellence in school counseling. Provides leadership, advocacy, support, and resources to instill student success at school, home, and in the global community.
National Professional Organizations
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
Supports school counselors' efforts to help students focus on academic, personal/social, and career development.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
Offers publications, access to professional liability insurance, discounts on workshops, conferences, books, and more.
- Career Professional and Adult Development Network
Keeps career counselors and coaches, job search trainers, and human resource professionals in touch with each other through its publications, workshops, and conferences.
- National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA)
Advances the state role in the workforce system. Invests in training and professional development. Leads in coordinating local, state, and federal roles. It is an organization of state administrators of unemployment insurance laws, employment services, training programs, employment statistics and labor market information, and other programs and services provided through the publicly-funded state workforce system.
- National Career Development Association (NCDA)
Offer professional development resources for career counselors, and helps job seekers to find a licensed career counselor.
- National Rehabilitation Association
Provides advocacy, awareness, and career advancement for professionals in the fields of rehabilitation and services for people with disabilities.
- United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (USPRA)
Promotes, supports, and strengthens community-oriented rehabilitation services and resources for persons with psychiatric disabilities.