Field of Study: Construction Engineering Technology
Construction engineering technology programs prepare people to help engineers who construct buildings and other structures.
Construction engineering technology programs include topics such as:
- Basic structural engineering principles and construction techniques
- Construction site management
- Building site inspection
- Construction personnel supervision
- Plan and specification interpretation
- Applicable building codes
- Report writing
Many community colleges and technical schools offer certificate and associate degree programs in construction engineering technology. A certificate program usually takes a year of full-time study. An associate degree program at a community college usually takes two years of full-time study to complete.
Many colleges and universities offer bachelor's degrees in construction engineering technology. A bachelor's degree usually takes about four years of full-time study.