Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
Have you always been fascinated by vehicles? Do you like to drive them or fix them?
Transportation, distribution, and logistics workers move people and products by road, air, rail, and water. You might work as a driver, pilot, engineer, or captain.
You might repair or maintain the vehicles, trains, planes, and ships that move people and products. Or, you might work behind the scenes to make sure the products and people get to the right place on time.
- Careers in this cluster
- Industries in this cluster
- Pathways in this cluster
- Majors in this cluster
- Businesses in this cluster
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about transportation, distribution, and logistics. Try one or more of these activities:
- Skills USA
- Read trade publications to stay current on economic and political issues affecting transportation.
- Job shadow a transportation manager or dispatcher.
- Intern at a local garage or motorcycle shop to learn the basics of auto or small engine repair.