Do you care about people and want to help in some way?
Human services workers help individual and families meet their personal needs. You might work in a government office, hospital, nonprofit agency, nursing home, spa, hotel, or school. Or, you might work in your own home.
For example, you might help students with career and education choices at a high school, cut and color hair in a salon, or manage funeral services at a funeral home
- Careers in this cluster
- Industries in this cluster
- Pathways in this cluster
- Fields of Study in this cluster
- Businesses in this cluster
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about human services. Try one or more of these activities:
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Future Teachers of America (FTA)
- Volunteer in a soup kitchen or food shelf.
- Visit people who are homebound.
- Provide child care.
- Coordinate a school wide food and/or clothing drive.
- Volunteer in a hospital or nursing home.
- Intern at a nonprofit agency.
- Learn a world language and study foreign cultures.
- Work as a peer counselor or camp counselor.