Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
Do you like to perform in front of an audience? Are you a visual person or like to work with productions and technology?
Arts, audio/video technology, and communications workers use creativity and their talents on the job. You might work for an audience as a performer or artist. This includes painters, dancers, sculptors, actors, and singers. Or, you might work behind the scenes to make a performance successful. This includes set designers, editors, broadcast technicians, and camera operators.
Some audio/video technology and communications workers have high-profile jobs. For example, you might work as a news reporter or fashion designer. Or, you might use your creative talents with technology and work as an animator, graphic designer, or film editor.
- Careers in this cluster
- Industries in this cluster
- Pathways in this cluster
- Majors in this cluster
- Businesses in this cluster
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about arts, audio/video technology, and communications. Try one or more of these activities:
- Band or choir
- School newspaper or yearbook
- Speech or debate
- Drama Club
- Join a local community theatre group.
- Volunteer to help with or teach an art, music, or dance community education class.
- Job shadow at an art, photo, or design studio or gallery.
- Intern at a campus radio station, local access cable TV station, web venture, or local newspaper.
- Join the stage crew for a school or community play or concert.