Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
Do you enjoy working with animals? Are you interested in protecting the environment?
Agriculture, food, and natural resources workers produce agricultural goods. This includes food, plants, animals, fabrics, wood, and crops. You might work on a farm, ranch, dairy, orchard, greenhouse, or plant nursery. You could also work in a clinic or laboratory as a scientist or engineer.
Some agriculture, food, and natural resources workers market, sell, or finance agricultural goods. For example, you might market products made from plants and animals. Or, you might sell services that farmers and ranchers use to improve products. You could also work to conserve natural resources or protect the environment.
- Careers in this cluster
- Industries in this cluster
- Pathways in this cluster
- Fields of Study in this cluster
- Businesses in this cluster
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about agriculture, food, and natural resources. Try one or more of these activities:
- Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- Junior Achievement
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Start a recycling project.
- Raise flowers and vegetables to sell at a farmers' market.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Work on a farm or ranch.
- Job shadow at a greenhouse.